Mysteries, annotations and missing parts of F1 Challenge 99-02 1978 version

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Mysteries, annotations and missing parts of F1 Challenge 99-02 1978 version

Post by SvartDag on Fri 25 May - 9:27

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I'm here for the F1 1978 for rfactor ... I also noticed that the mclaren m26e and the m27 were missing and I think I can convert them to rfactor, but I would like to know where they are or where what mod of the f1 challenge appear to be able to look at the files?

SvartDag
Pedal Kart driver
Pedal Kart driver

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe on Fri 25 May - 13:01

The two cars you mentioned were made by Luigi 70 during the collaboration with David Sabre, so your search can be defined as easier.
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SvartDag on Fri 25 May - 20:51

mmm, you could not you be a little more specific?, Since I downloaded the 2 existing mods for the F1C:

- Official GFX 1978 race by race accurate
- GFX 1978 st-Dave_Luigi70 Special Edition

and in the files of mclaren of both mods (at least of those that I have), i didn`t see any chasis or car of Mclaren m26e, m27 or M26 spain edition.. and I don't know if I'm wrong with the mods
that i have..

SvartDag
Pedal Kart driver
Pedal Kart driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 on Sat 26 May - 9:15

Mrs. De Lacrowe has already obtained my authorization to convert it...

Luigi 70 wrote:excuse marina79,
but if you can make these improvements for rfactor game, please do it ..
for the M26E and M27 you have my full permission to convert  and release for rfactor ...

so at this point it will be her decision to release or not the cars for rfcator....
Luigi 70
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe on Sat 26 May - 11:06

The cars in question were made by Luigi 70 probably after the collaboration with David Sabre, probably the two cars were available in autonomous format from the 1978 season package so that they could be included in the F1C 1978 MOD at their discretion. In addition I can admit that I used these two cars born for F1C realizing a trial version for rFactor during my first programming experiments to this game remaining only for personal use. I think it appropriate to state that the use of these cars for a conversion to rFactor is consented by Luigi 70 for his previous comment, I was only a student who could learn a lot and well from this person.

De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SvartDag on Tue 29 May - 7:07

Ok, I apologize for the delay, but just yesterday I saw this post, I read what they say and I apologize if I did not have permission to do this, I only do it for the community and I also do not claim any credit for this, from I have it in private only for my own personal use, but I appreciate the link from de lacrowe for the mclaren ... Finally I converted the mclaren m26e to rfactor, I just had to put the chassis and the texture, but finally I find it difficult during the file .gen .. I had many bugs and errors, try to put the chassis in the same mclaren m26 normal file, but sometimes mclaren files m26 and m26e gave incompatibility .. so I got to do .mas, .gen and spiner .gen separately for the m26e, but finally everything works correctly and for all graphic qualities, also, I added the raining light and blackfire effect for the mclaren m26e and the m26 .. and it's perfect ... I'd like to hear your opinions of how it looks..

I must add that for the raining light to work, they must go to the F1-1978 folder of their mod and the 3 .ini files of the engine ford (1, 2 and 3). Search the text for the speedlimiter line, and put = 1, and save .. so during the game the raining light will work .. it is deactivated or activated by activating the speedlimiter ..

for the installation, y recomend cut the folder Mclaren m26 of the mod on other site in form of backup, and in copy the new folder mclaren m26 into te mod folder... simply follow the directions that you can see in the folder files...  and remember put the files of 04 folder in the folder 04 in the mod..

mediafire.com file/6j75cjr07oa9jf9/MCLAREN+M26E.rar

Last edited by SvartDag on Tue 29 May - 7:17; edited 1 time in total

SvartDag
Pedal Kart driver
Pedal Kart driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SvartDag on Tue 29 May - 7:10

De lacrowe, I ask you please if you can send me the files of the mclaren m26 front extra wing and the files of the m27, to see if I can convert them to rfactor .. if you want also send me the lotus with the belgium chassis, that if, if they give me the authorization to convert them please!

SvartDag
Pedal Kart driver
Pedal Kart driver

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe on Tue 29 May - 10:55

The Lotus 79 car in the version used for Belgium you can find it in the package 1978 created for the F1C sim of David Sabre and Luigi 70. Regarding the Mc 27 and version with the double wing of McLaren ( I only have some images ) not the I have more in my PC due to various changes. The cars made for F1C are positioned lower than the 3d Cartesian axes used for rFactor cars, this implies a customized .hdv file for each car.
We must always mention the author of the cars that you want to convert for a different game simulator, while for the authorization for the use of MODs made in the past as the CREW team always depends on the people who took part and who are still active on the Web.
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe on Wed 30 May - 14:11

A very distant memory but always alive for me

I think that in certain models of cars can revive many historical moments of the real F1 that today is totally absent. With this car I can remember the many races I did on the Rouen les Essarts track, one of the best tracks for rFactor. Looking at the shape of this car I imagined a grasshopper on 4 wheels and I wonder if even the designer of McLaren was inspired by this insect, I think it's a very revolutionary car for a time when wing car technology was starting to get noticed.
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Mansell5 on Wed 30 May - 18:47

SvartDag wrote:Ok, I apologize for the delay, but just yesterday I saw this post, I read what they say and I apologize if I did not have permission to do this, I only do it for the community and I also do not claim any credit for this, from I have it in private only for my own personal use, but I appreciate the link from de lacrowe for the mclaren ... Finally I converted the mclaren m26e to rfactor, I just had to put the chassis and the texture, but finally I find it difficult during the file .gen .. I had many bugs and errors, try to put the chassis in the same mclaren m26 normal file, but sometimes mclaren files m26 and m26e gave incompatibility .. so I got to do .mas, .gen and spiner .gen separately for the m26e, but finally everything works correctly and for all graphic qualities, also, I added the raining light and blackfire effect for the mclaren m26e and the m26 .. and it's perfect ... I'd like to hear your opinions of how it looks..

I must add that for the raining light to work, they must go to the F1-1978 folder of their mod and the 3 .ini files of the engine ford (1, 2 and 3). Search the text for the speedlimiter line, and put = 1, and save .. so during the game the raining light will work .. it is deactivated or activated by activating the speedlimiter ..

for the installation, y recomend cut the folder Mclaren m26 of the mod on other site in form of backup, and in copy the new folder mclaren m26 into te mod folder... simply follow the directions that you can see in the folder files...  and remember put the files of 04 folder in the folder 04 in the mod..

mediafire.com file/6j75cjr07oa9jf9/MCLAREN+M26E.rar

Hi SvartDag!

You have done a great job...but...there are several historical errors
with this McLaren M26-E and the edition of the .Veh file

The filters used for each car/driver in rFactor mod 1978...
they were made based on historical data of each race in that year.

That McLaren M26-E, did not run any race
It was only used as a car test, in practice in the UK Grand Prix

That model is not in the rFactor mod, because not race ran.

The filters in .Veh:
ROUND-10-UK (is for the cars registered for the race)
ROUND-10-UK-Race (is for the cars that qualified for the race)

There are no filters for cars Test.

I repeat again...
Great work in the conversion of the model for rfactor

Wink

Mansell5
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down