Indy Legends mod

Page 7 sur 8 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Suivant

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Re: Indy Legends mod

Message par McLeod le Jeu 29 Sep - 20:17

Wookey PlayS round à race per week. At this rythm hé should be at Daytona in December
McLeod
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par teslaf1electriquepriseX le Jeu 29 Sep - 20:48

[/quote]

Those cars sure look good. I think classic non-F1 cars are a very interesting addition. I even like the NASCARs, they're a bit of my guilty pleasure. Sure, the ovals are easy to drive, but with the right AI settings and setup the racing can be so intense! Although it seems hard to get the physics of NASCAR cars right, of all the available mods, only the 2009 mod is good, but I can't judge on your 1987 carset yet of course. Maybe that's the second good one in town. bounce
[/quote]

Yes, me too Nascar and old muscle cars are my guilty pleasure! I approve their utilisation in virtual game and video footage only! You will probably enjoy a brand new mod, the 1957 Nascar! Its made with 5 cars create by chad3006 for a Speed Dreams, a free open source game. He only painted one livery per cars, so I started to paint 17 others of the main drivers of that year. I also put on F1C tracks the 1963 NR carset. I need to ask for permission to release them and its not finish...

One problem with Nascar on F1C is that the aspiration phenomenon is relatively not enough taken into account for packs of AI drivers, so its cannot get the "big packs" of cars merge so long... To help it, I've made 3 type of drivers.ini, one big for the fasters, one a bit smaller for the medium fast and a small pack for the "slower" drivers. In the 3 groups, I only attribute differents low speed cornering values and Qualification values for each individual drivers based on their real statistics but the same values for the other parameters, so I can get 2 "big packs" looking much more realistic longer on the fast oval-superspeedway but that's not a perfect solution and each cars should have the same physics for realising this trick... May be adjusting the AIW groove would also help. On older Nascar carset, like in the 60's or 50's, this is not a problem since the pack were generally less dense and it "un-merge" (s'étirait) quicker...

[/quote]

BTW, maybe you could share some knowledge about converting cars or editing physics. I've been wanting to do both of them, but so far I failed miserably, and there are no real good explanations online on how to do it. Maybe you could help, as you've successfully done it at least a few times Question [/quote]

Which car or carsets from which game do YOU want to convert? There's a quite good tutorial for RFactor to F1C conversions, which is partiely helpful  even with conversion from others sources, because it show you some of the thing to do when its in Zmodeler to export it then in F1C.  I've put the wonderful 1937 GP from RFactor on F1C tracks (only the High Res cars for the moment so its hard on CPU) but I didn't converted lots of cars from RFactor, because I'm not sure if I got the optimal 3dSim version to do it. I've read somewhere, probably in the RFactor tutorial, that there's a much optimal version. I've spend more times converting from various others source than RFactor. Often, I found on the forum of the original game the way tp export it in .obj format (sometimes via Blender), then I opened it in Zmodeler 2.4 or 2.5, export it in "Old Zmod" format, then open it in Zmod 1.07. Then often I had to re-import the textures, change their name and the name in the material box to make them distinct from the others cars, Move them, Re-sized them, Rotate them, sometimes merge componants (especially when its from SketchUp), click the correct type of textures... Well, tell me from which game do you want to convert, I will try to help!

Dernière édition par teslaf1electriquepriseX le Jeu 29 Sep - 21:56, édité 6 fois

teslaf1electriquepriseX
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Message par teslaf1electriquepriseX le Jeu 29 Sep - 21:20

McLeod a écrit:Wookey PlayS round à race per week. At this rythm hé should be at Daytona in December

Hum, its short, just allright, making the physics of 9, 10 or 11* differents cars for Indy 500 can be really time consuming if I wanna make a good job for this incredible F1 vs USAC confrontation! I dont want to be unfair with USAC cars or with F1 and I'm really curious to know which type oi car would have win on this hybrid track! Smile

1967 STP-Paxton Turbocar
1969 Brawner hawk
1965 Lotus 38
*1966 Lotus 38
(2) 1966 Lola T90
(2) 1968 Eagle Olsonite
(2) 1963 Lotus 29
(4) 1968 Lotus 56
1968 Brawner Hawk
(2) 1968 Shelby Turbine
* ? 1968 Rislone-Eagle Special of Bobby Unser, the '68 winner? (you post a pic of the body and skin of it on page2!)

Dernière édition par teslaf1electriquepriseX le Jeu 29 Sep - 22:23, édité 2 fois

teslaf1electriquepriseX
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Message par Wookey le Jeu 29 Sep - 22:03

I can slow down my story a little. There are many aspects but the race I want to develop. And I'll take holidays too. So my own estimation is for mid january
Wookey
Admin

http://wookey.bbfr.net

Message par Luigi 70 le Jeu 29 Sep - 22:20

Wookey a écrit:I can slow down my story a little. There are many aspects but the race I want to develop. And I'll take holidays too. So my own estimation is for mid january

I think that for that date we could have this cars ready:

01- 1968 Olsonite Eagle # 42 Denny Hulme
02- 1968 Olsonite Eagle # 48 Dan Gurney
03- 1968 Rislone Special # 3 Bobby Unser
04- 1968 Sunoco Eagle # 12 Mark Donohue
05- 1968 STP Lotus 56 #20 Art Pollard
06- 1968 STP Lotus 56 #30 Mike Spence
07- 1968 STP Lotus 56 #60 Joe Leonard
08- 1968 STP Lotus 56 #70 Graham Hill
09- 1968 Shelby Turnine # 66 Bruce Mc Laren
10- 1968 Shelby Turnine # 69 "driver to be assigned"
11- 1968 STP Brawner HawkIII # 2 Mario Andretti
12- 1968 Brabham BT25 #35 Jochen Rindt
13- 1968 City of Lebanon Gerhardt/Offy #15 Mel Kenyon
14- 1968 G.C. Murphy Eagle/Offy #8 Roger McCluskey
Luigi 70
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Message par McLeod le Jeu 29 Sep - 22:27

Dow ! What à Great project ! And if Brabham puts Rindt into an Indycar, maybe this let room for my Own BT 24? :p
McLeod
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Message par teslaf1electriquepriseX le Jeu 29 Sep - 23:11

Luigi 70 a écrit:
Wookey a écrit:I can slow down my story a little. There are many aspects but the race I want to develop. And I'll take holidays too. So my own estimation is for mid january

I think that for that date we could have this cars ready:

01- 1968 Olsonite Eagle # 42 Denny Hulme
02- 1968 Olsonite Eagle # 48 Dan Gurney
03- 1968 Rislone Special # 3 Bobby Unser
04- 1968 Sunoco Eagle # 12 Mark Donohue
05- 1968 STP Lotus 56 #20 Art Pollard
06- 1968 STP Lotus 56 #30 Mike Spence
07- 1968 STP Lotus 56 #60 Joe Leonard
08- 1968 STP Lotus 56 #70 Graham Hill
09- 1968 Shelby Turnine # 66 Bruce Mc Laren
10- 1968 Shelby Turnine # 69 "driver to be assigned"
11- 1968 STP Brawner HawkIII # 2 Mario Andretti
12- 1968 Brabham BT25 #35 Jochen Rindt
13- 1968 City of Lebanon Gerhardt/Offy #15 Mel Kenyon
14- 1968 G.C. Murphy Eagle/Offy #8 Roger McCluskey

WOOOOOW!!! And these 14 cars are all from 1968!  (I trully enjoy "legends" mods with cars of différents years but it will be great also after this fantastic USAC vs F1 confrontation to race with a good grid like this of one specific year!)

Ok, I will make physics for 2-3 cars of 1955 this week-end and you tell me if you want me to do physics for those Indy beast! Smile Smile

By the way, I did'nt find for the moment the absolute top speed of those cars (only their best laptime). That would not be a unsolvable problem but I would have to really devellop the physics on 2 or 3 differents tracks (like Indy, Riverside and Milwakee) and to get accurate best lap on each of those tracks to devellop them. Otherwise, if we can found these top speed data at indy, I will run on differents tracks anyway to validate but the devellopement would be much easier and efficient on one track (like Indianapolis)

teslaf1electriquepriseX
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Message par Luigi 70 le Ven 30 Sep - 7:55

I think it is useless to work on the physics of the 1955 mod, considering that already has been released, so let's focus on the physics of these cars...
Luigi 70
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Message par F1CFan1804 le Ven 30 Sep - 10:12

Which car or carsets from which game do YOU want to convert? There's a quite good tutorial for RFactor to F1C conversions, which is partiely helpful  even with conversion from others sources, because it show you some of the thing to do when its in Zmodeler to export it then in F1C.  I've put the wonderful 1937 GP from RFactor on F1C tracks (only the High Res cars for the moment so its hard on CPU) but I didn't converted lots of cars from RFactor, because I'm not sure if I got the optimal 3dSim version to do it. I've read somewhere, probably in the RFactor tutorial, that there's a much optimal version. I've spend more times converting from various others source than RFactor. Often, I found on the forum of the original game the way tp export it in .obj format (sometimes via Blender), then I opened it in Zmodeler 2.4 or 2.5, export it in "Old Zmod" format, then open it in Zmod 1.07. Then often I had to re-import the textures, change their name and the name in the material box to make them distinct from the others cars, Move them, Re-sized them, Rotate them, sometimes merge componants (especially when its from SketchUp), click the correct type of textures... Well, tell me from which game do you want to convert, I will try to help!

I had tried once to do a car from the 1937 GP mod, but probably did it wrong, especially seeing that I don't even have all the software you mention. I think my interest would mainly lie in classic non-F1 cars from rFactor (such as for instance Can-Am, classic touring cars, 70s-80s GTs, lower single seater formulae), as I really enjoy to simulate full careers of drivers. As these drivers have obviously driven more than only F1, by now I'm practically stuck in doing modern careers. Sure, not every series is there for this age either, but with changing .veh's, skins, engines, gearboxes, putting together cars from different mods (and balancing them out, a lot of work), you can get pretty far. However, I would really like to be able to simulate careers for greats from the past as well. The tracks are not a problem, if I encounter one that's not there for F1C, I just make it (either convert from rFactor/GPL/NR2003, or a very basic BTB version), but there is no fun in it if the cars don't look like the cars they're meant to be at all. Therefore, I would like to learn how to convert cars, for added realism in my game play.

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Message par Luigi 70 le Lun 3 Oct - 23:23

1968 Eagle Rislone - W.I.P.
Luigi 70
F1 Driver
F1 Driver