WIP TORRE DEL GRECO TRACK

Page 1 sur 2 1, 2  Suivant

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

WIP TORRE DEL GRECO TRACK

Message par JALNERVION le Dim 28 Fév - 16:35

* Torre del Greco (A Present for my friend Luigi70). A fictional racetrack in a real place (Torre del Greco, Naples, Italy):

JALNERVION
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: WIP TORRE DEL GRECO TRACK

Message par Luigi 70 le Dim 28 Fév - 18:00

Great advances Josè Very Happy .
Exceptional view of Vesuvius  What a Face .
My idea is to place the buildings along the perimeter, as the historical center of the city is completely built, as you can see from these massively images:
http://www.torreomnia.it/torre_dallalto/torre_greco/MyWeb.htm
Anyway great job my friend  Wink .
Luigi 70
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Message par Luigi 70 le Dim 28 Fév - 18:47

Latest news.
Currently the asphalt  (in the historical center) has been all removed. And they restored the original paving in basalt lava like this texture:
http://www.lughertexture.com/floor-hires-textures/medieval-pavement-texture-download/medieval-stone-blocks-floor-3-1724#joomimg
Luigi 70
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Message par Luigi 70 le Dim 28 Fév - 20:15

A question?
Is it possible export the 3D data (with textures) of Google Earth's buildings???
Luigi 70
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Message par JALNERVION le Dim 28 Fév - 20:48

Luigi 70 a écrit:A question?
Is it possible export the 3D data (with textures) of Google Earth's buildings???

I'd like to add the buildings from Google earth, but I don't know how to export the buildings to f1c. I need to do some variation in some curves, because the car jump and go out of the track. But the track is now playable. Tell me in where part of the road are those vulcan bricks. Yes the Vesuvious is looking great. I want to make as realistic as I could. I can upload a beta version of the track to you can test it and tell me what I need to improve my friend. Actually the grid lines doesn't appear, I don't know why. Maybe I need to modify some cams, and a certain part of the surround terrain. Actually I only add walls and trees, and Vesuvious.
JALNERVION
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Message par Luigi 70 le Dim 28 Fév - 21:54

JALNERVION a écrit:I'd like to add the buildings from Google earth, but I don't know how to export the buildings to f1c. I need to do some variation in some curves, because the car jump and go out of the track. But the track is now playable. Tell me in where part of the road are those vulcan bricks. Yes the Vesuvious is looking great. I want to make as realistic as I could. I can upload a beta version of the track to you can test it and tell me what I need to improve my friend. Actually the grid lines doesn't appear, I don't know why. Maybe I need to modify some cams, and a certain part of the surround terrain. Actually I only add walls and trees, and Vesuvious.

To the matter of the buildings, if it were possible have the files in any 3D format,  I'll know how to convert in mts.file.
In alternative once you have had the beta version I'll try to put some  buildings (having the good fortune to have them where I live)
I think the whole track should be paved with basalt lava.
Anyway I'm very excited about this job, and I can not wait to try it.
But take all your time my friend, I not give you a hurry ...
Luigi 70
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Message par teslaf1electriquepriseX le Dim 28 Fév - 23:59

Fantastic project of track!!!

I've converted a big batch of classic cars from Google's SketchUp (related to Google Earth) for F1C and I seen that there's a lot of nice blocks of building scanned from the city of Napoli, that you could import. But the textures are random size, so you will need to resize them (in a multiple of 2) and consequently have to remapping, which would be a good task. For instance, there's around 12 Nappoli blocco which have around 20 buildings each and just for "Napoli blocco 5" by Antonio M, there over 50 differents textures, that all required a re-mapping work. Also, if the size is relatively small for all the textures of "Napoli blocco 5" (1.5 Mo), its in .jpg, after it is converted in .bmp, it give 48 Mo. So if you want to use dozen of these "blocco", it take over 500 Mo, which is obviously too much. So, you will need to reduce the quality by 4 to reduce the size of the textures by 16 to get them in 3 Mo. It will still be good at some distance (like 70 meters) but more cheap if you're more close. Of course, you can choose to keep the actual quality of some bulidings close to the track and to reduce it for the others, which could be a wise idea.

Anyway, it is not irrealistic, it may involve around 24-100 hours and the result could be very impressive. Oh, of course, if you use it, dont forget to ask to the permission to the makers of the 3d files and to give them credits!  Smile

About Google Earth, with the new version (and service?) I dont think that you can use it as before to collect 3d data. May be it is possible to do the same with older version that you got.

Napoli blocco 5 by Antonio M.
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=b59709726f68e7aa54a7a4d99df53abf

List of Napoli 3d files by Antonio M. (You can type "Napoli" in the search to see other models by others modelers)
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/collection.html?id=6b4affe6fac22130f9c03412157052a9

JALNERVION a écrit:
Luigi 70 a écrit:A question?

I'd like to add the buildings from Google earth, but I don't know how to export the buildings to f1c. I need to do some variation in some curves, because the car jump and go out of the track. But the track is now playable. Tell me in where part of the road are those vulcan bricks. Yes the Vesuvious is looking great. I want to make as realistic as I could. I can upload a beta version of the track to you can test it and tell me what I need to improve my friend. Actually the grid lines doesn't appear, I don't know why. Maybe I need to modify some cams, and a certain part of the surround terrain. Actually I only add walls and trees, and Vesuvious.

Dernière édition par teslaf1electriquepriseX le Lun 29 Fév - 1:45, édité 1 fois

teslaf1electriquepriseX
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Message par Luigi 70 le Lun 29 Fév - 7:18

Thanks for the advice and information, Phil.... Wink
Luigi 70
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Message par JALNERVION le Lun 29 Fév - 16:53

Thanks you very much for the info Phil.
JALNERVION
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Message par teslaf1electriquepriseX le Lun 29 Fév - 19:10

Hey, I try this one (blocco 5), and most of the mapping fit already nicely (it wasnt the case for another building that I tried, not related to Napoli)

But still, some mapping are lost. Totally so I dont know why, maybe it was on the exportation, I will try again... But I had finished all the rest, it took me 2 and a half hour Sad It could be faster, with the next one... If Its worth, because, I realised that this model was not so accurate, He took many time part of 10 differents pictures that he resized... Luigi know the city very well so he can judge if it deserve to be use... That also mean that if the answer is yes, it is possible to reduce drastically the size by re-mapping and using many times the same picture.

I can upload tonight (for me) the file that I import in Zmodeler, if you want to check it.

teslaf1electriquepriseX
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 1 sur 2 1, 2  Suivant

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut