DSC F1 Projects & Downloads

Page 6 sur 12 Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Suivant

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Re: DSC F1 Projects & Downloads

Message par De Lacrowe le Jeu 9 Juin - 22:26

I would also give another opinion on the 3D graphics Exclamation

Whatever program you want to use you must have a lot of patience and enough time to devote to it.
You can be born with the knowledge to learn 3D graphics for their work, or you can deal with this modern technique without having a clearly defined objective.
Personally I do not want to become a modder but simply it was fun to face a world in which objects show their actual appearance.
Considering the type of simulator in which you want to implement an object is, consider the maximum limits within which the game supports our work.
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par Wookey le Ven 10 Juin - 15:42

Thanks for advice. I tried that way some years ago, but I had to admit this was not a domain where I have any talent. Maybe someday, in association with one modeller, I will land a true Wookey into my "Wookey story". I'd really love too, but doing it myself, I tried, and the result was too disapointing.
Wookey
Admin

http://wookey.bbfr.net

Message par dragonsteincole le Sam 11 Juin - 0:05

Well, that offer will stand for as long as you want it to, Wookey. Smile

What started as a small 'I want this for my driver model' turned out into me making and (badly) uv-mapping the Simpson M30 helmet, aka Darth Vader. Worn most famously by Elio de Angelis for most of his F1 career, I couldn't find this in any mod for F1C. So, as things happen, I made one myself.

Full disclosure, the UV mapping is probably atrocious, so if I ever release this as a model on it's own, I would like someone with the proper UV-wrapping skills to have a look at this. But it works for my purposes.
dragonsteincole
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Message par Wookey le Sam 11 Juin - 16:52

Great job, it adds some flavour to the early 80's
Wookey
Admin

Message par dragonsteincole le Dim 12 Juin - 16:03

Testing at Brands Hatch.
#50 Cole DSC Motorsports
dragonsteincole
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Message par De Lacrowe le Dim 12 Juin - 16:43

May I ask what type of car is inspired by the one shown to you Question
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Message par McLeod le Dim 12 Juin - 16:58

dragonsteincole a écrit:

Testing at Brands Hatch.
#50 Cole DSC Motorsports
beautiful. Distinctive but period like

I m curious ab0ut the air in6ake for the engine. Where does it enter to admission trumps?

Dernière édition par PNB le Dim 12 Juin - 17:29, édité 1 fois
McLeod
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Message par dragonsteincole le Dim 12 Juin - 17:23

My inspirations are wide and varied, the biggest influence are the kit-cars of that era. The DSC cars aren't made by some big manufacturer, they're cars in the style of Lyncar, Kojima, LEC, etc. Especially the Kojima Ke007s, those cars were beautifully turned out and tested, and are great "What ifs?", so I tried to reflect that design and ethic in my '76 and '77 cars.

The overall impression I want to give with these cars are "This is a small team, but a very professional one." I want to include a lot of detail so a F1 fan can appreciate some thought went into the design, and, to a non-F1 fan, to maybe fool them into thinking this was an actual car that existed.
dragonsteincole
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Message par dragonsteincole le Dim 12 Juin - 23:51

Presenting the DSC Motorsports team of 1977.

1. Driver and Owner Nicholas Cole was ever-present, leading the charge in the #60 DSC M02B-Cosworth. This car dealt with the flyaway races in the Americas at the beginning of the season. Eagle Star, an insurance company also based in Sutton, England, continue their partnership, whilst Castrol remain the team's title sponsor.

2. A high-downforce wing was introduced for Monaco, and was used at select races afterwards.

3. Introduced in time for the French grand Prix, a new nose and wing assembly helped lift performance on the faster tracks making up most of the latter season. It was with this car that Cole took a stunning 3rd in the Italian Grand Prix, a high point, but also the only points-score recorded all season for the #60.

Joining Cole were three other drivers, in the #62 M02B car.

1. Rupert Keegan competed in the first 4 races, on-loan from Hesketh Racing who skipped the races in the Americas in order to concentrate on the start of the European Season. Fast but ultimately fragile, Keegan retired in all 4 races.

2. 1976 DSC driver Bob Evans rejoined the team in Spain, and would continue to drive for the rest of the season. Whilst also suffering from reliability problems and recording 7 retirements, he also managed two 6th places, in Monaco and in Italy, capping off DSC's best race performance to date.

3. Taking the place of Bob Evans for the final race at Fuji was 1976 Japanese grand Prix standout Masahiro Hasemi. After impressing for Kojima before ultimately finishing 11th, Hasemi again proved a capable driver around the Fuji Speedway, finishing 8th.
dragonsteincole
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Message par Wookey le Mar 14 Juin - 13:32

Thanks for pictures AND the story that comes with them
Wookey
Admin